My mind seems to be swarming with things I need to get done in the next six weeks (or so) before we leave to get Eli. Before our life as we know it changes forever.
I admit this post is a rather selfish one as I know it will make me feel better to have my to do's all laid out in list form. But then again, maybe all you lurking list makers out there will enjoy it too!
1) Get kids room/house ready
- Buy bunkbeds/new sheets/comforter/etc.
- Buy new dresser for Eli
- Clean out toy bins
- Organize and wash all size 2t clothes for Eli
- Clean out Ella and Ezra's clothes and dressers
- Get new ELI letters for his room (for on the wall)
- Jeremiah to build a new bench for the kitchen table (we've run out of chairs!)
- Install 3rd car seat
2) Plan trip
- Buy airline tickets
- Make final arrangements for Ella and Ezra
- Make arrangements for Levi, cats, bird, house, garden, mail, etc.
- Call doctor for travel medications
- Shop for orphanage donations
- Book Ethiopian hotel/guest house
- Gather together all travel documents needed/make copies of important documents
- Make arrangements for travel to airport/pick up from airport/etc.
3) Plan FINAL fund raiser (yard sale/bake sale)
- Organize all items
- Price items
- Finalize where to have it
- Organize volunteers to bake goods
- Place ad in newspaper
- Place ad on craigslist
- Invite facebook friends
- Go through entire house room by room for extra items
- Make up signs
- Empty entire memory card on camera
- Make dentist appointments for kids
- Take kids to dentist
- Add Eli to health insurance/will/etc.
- Look into re-adoption options/requirements
- Organize adoption receipts/request missing ones from agency, etc.
- Make up list of questions to ask Eli's birth family (I'd love any suggestions from families who have done that before)
- Finish up thank you cards for all those who have been a part of this journey
That's all I have at the moment...but I seem to keep adding to it every day =)
Whew...Time to get to work!