Intentional Christmas (and worth your time)

By | 8:00 AM 3 comments

















Christmas.

Just the name makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love it. The lights. The trees. The music. The reconnection with family. The cards in the mail. The meaning of it.

Love it.

I know how you celebrate Christmas can be a somewhat sticky subject for some people and there are some pretty strong opinions.

To Santa or not to Santa?
To present or not to present?
How many presents?
Real tree or Jesse tree?

And so on and so forth...

And since there are so many opinions out there...I certainly don't need to add mine to them.

I do however believe that it is very important as parents that we are intentional about what traditions and beliefs we celebrate and communicate to our children during this season.

This year, now that our kids are older and understand a lot more, Jeremiah and I realized that we needed to sit down and examine our traditions, our way of doing Christmas, and evaluate if those things were supporting the values we believe the Lord has called us to instill in our children.

Here are some posts written by parents who are inspiringly intentional in the traditions they have instituted in their families.

Read here.

And here.

And here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

And I'd love to hear how you celebrate Christmas...what traditions and celebrations are important to you and your family?!
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

YouVersion has a good Christmas reading plan...

This has been on my mind a lot this year...Natalie is a bit young to know what's going on, but I've been thinking a lot about what we buy, what we give, etc. and what we want her to *get* from celebrating Christmas.

Meg said...

Thanks for the encouragement!
BTW, I think we need to be bumped up to the blog's of people we actually know category on your blogroll : )

Megan - Oh yeah...I guess it is time for that =) ha!