Thursday Thoughts

By | 2:32 PM 4 comments
Did you know that the average preschooler asks around 400 questions a day? And since I have three of them, and of course they are WAY above average...that means I hear over 1200 questions a day.

Hmm...I wonder how many answers they actually get back?

It has been so nice being home this week. Catching up on stuff and doing Christmas things. I wish I could bottle up that "just home" feeling and pull it out again whenever I feel like cringing because the dishwasher needs to be unloaded yet again.

We finally had success on our second attempt at getting a Christmas tree and got it put up and decorated this week. This was the first year the kids (well...mostly Ella) actually got the idea that you can't put all the ornaments on the same branch. Eli and Ezra are still learning. And since this was Eli's first time decorating a tree I guess we can cut him some slack. It's a terrible picture, but I did capture a picture of our tree with all three kids in it actually looking at the camera.

I'll call it a Christmas miracle.




































My family photo standards just keep going more and more downhill.

One big project of the week was moving Ella into her own room downstairs. It was time. She sleeps later than the boys in the morning and was getting so frustrated when they would wake her up EVERY MORNING. Plus...her barbies and ponies and princess accoutrements now have full and free reign. No more boys for her...at least until she hits puberty, huh.

Ugh. Puberty.
Such an ugly word. Such an ugly thought.

I will post some pictures later. Of her room. Not puberty. Because that is never happening in this home.

Now, here is a photo that makes my heart go all aflutter...


























Again, not because it is the best photo...but, oh, the content: All three of my sweet kiddo's...curled up with books...unprompted by me.

It was a night for Christmas miracles, apparently.

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Are you advertising for Target now? Such a random spot to advertise but the content I must agree is so sweet!

Ha! No advertising here...just a leftover "tanker truck" that found its way into the picture =)

Jennifer said...

My boys are never dating. I already decided. For now, I won't have to worry about because they are both not potty trained. I told myself that gives me a little while to worry about it.

Love the tree...and the fact that you got all 3 kids in the picture with it!