Field Trip

By | 7:52 AM 5 comments
The kids and I discovered the joys of the Durham Museum of Life and Science this week.

We met up with friends and made a morning of it. We truly could have made a week of it...but I had to be home by 1pm for hair-cuts for all of us (pictures to come later!). I feel like we didn't even scratch the surface of it. The admission prices can be steep so we had never gone before...but our friends had guest passes that got us in for free! My favorite kind of outing =) Thank you Michaella and Sheri! I loved it so much that we have decided to get a year membership. I know we will get our money's worth out of it!

Ok, enough talk...here are the pictures:

Getting ready to go into the butterfly house...










The kids got to hold a cloud...









and catch a tornado...












have fun with the incredible indoor play/explore area...












pretend to be a vet...












make bubbles and climb a wall...












watch a butterfly hatch out of a cocoon...












...and hold a snake, chinchilla, and ferret...no pictures because I was too busy making sure Ezra didn't kill the animals...although I don't think the snake will ever be the same again =)

Again, I don't even think we explored half of it...we will definitely be back!
Newer Post Older Post Home

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the museum is free for durham residents on wednesdays!! atleast during the summer it is! :)

but you're right it's tons of fun!! even for big people!

mommajeane said...

It does look like lots of fun... the cloud and tornado pics are really interesting.

That sounds like great fun! I hope we can check it out sometime! I love butterfly houses!

Kelly Via said...

We heard a lot of great things about it while we were in Durham...but we never went. Cana was a little young still. Now I want to go check it out!

Anonymous said...

Erins right on, wednesdays from 1-5pm the museum is free to durham residents but they ask for a $2 donation -- i took the kids i babysat over the summer to the museum and it was definately a fun filled day


it was still fun even at 18 :D