missing the monkey dreams...

By | 8:20 PM 2 comments
One of my favorite lullaby's I always sang to the kids is "Hush little baby".

Ella has always loved to sing and it didn't take her long to come up with her own rendition of the song.

It went a little something like this...

"Hush little baby don't say a word, Momma's gonna get you a monkey dream. And if that monkey dream don't _________, Momma's gonna get you a monkey dream. And if that monkey dream don't ________, Momma's gonna get you a monkey dream."

I'm sure you get the idea =)

Yesterday, we were in the car and Ella started singing this song again...

...WITH THE RIGHT WORDS.

What?! When did I give her permission to do that? No. No. No...

While I love to see her becoming more independent and learning about her world...I admit...a big part of me misses my little girl...

...and her monkey dreams.
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

ohhh, I know what you mean! They grow up and figure things out waaaay too soon!! Don't miss a minute, tomorrow they will be all grown up! In your heart you will ALWAYS have her monkey dreams.

Kelly Via said...

Awe, so sweet...I love it Jen!! Ella and her monkey dreams...