Perfection

By | 3:22 PM 2 comments
This morning was absolutely perfect.

Not perfect in a non-real way...like winning the lottery or taking a trip to Ireland.

Rather, it was perfect within the parameters of my mommy life, my reality.

Here's the how and why of my perfect morning:

*Woke up on my own at 6:45am after 8 blissful uninterrupted hours of sleep with nary a wet the bed incident or can't-find-my-paci-cry.

*An entire hour of, again, blissful uninterrupted quiet time and coffee.

* Both kids slept late and woke up in great moods. I actually had to wake Ezra up at 9:30am!

* Perfectly cooked scrambled egg burritos for breakfast...with strawberries and blueberries...eaten by all with relatively few battles or thrown food =)

* Getting in a work-out while room-time with both kids went an entire 45 minutes without a scream or cry or call for me. (You'll see the reason why in a soon-to-come post)

* Despite the cold...bundling up and playing outside...sandbox, trampoline, and hide and seek were the games of choice. There is nothing cuter than their bright pink cheeks and sparkling eyes after playing outside!

* Ezra's "help" while I folded laundry and Ella watched Max & Ruby

* Soup and sandwiches for lunch...eaten by all with no battles!

* Telling Ezra it was time for night-night...and he went running to get his blankie and paci...and practically dove into his crib...3 hours later and not a single peep has been heard.

* One on one time with Ella to read books, color, and treasure hunt (aka:play with my old jewelry) together before her nap...which she went down for with no struggles.

* Getting my to-do list all checked off in the 1st hour of naptime...and now...time for reading or maybe a nap or maybe I'll finish those pillows I've been working on...


What about you? What is your idea of a perfect...real...day?
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

Kelly Via said...

Oh, sounds blissful! I am so glad your day was so great!! I LOVE days like those...or at least the thought of them ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW Jenn,
What a perfect day. Judah is really keeping me on my toes right now and I look forward to oneday having more free time. He is alot of fun though. I did coupon cleaning out last night myself. Fun times. Love ya - Anna