My attitude = their behavior

By | 8:59 PM 3 comments
Jeremiah has taken a group of our college students to the 20/20 Conference in Wake Forest this weekend.

That means the kids and I are on our own...

I am learning how important it is for me to pray for extra strength, patience, and creativity when I am going into weekends like these (and there are a lot of them in student ministry!) and that I set the tone for my kids behavior by my attitude.

Therefore, I dubbed this a Mommy and kids date weekend!

Our night consisted of dinner and playground time at La' Chick-fil-a and the home cinema had Horton Hears a Who playing. I also told Ella that she could sleep with me...and you should have seen the excitement on her face =)

I am always amazed at the way my attitude is affected simply by looking at these alone times with the kids as opportunities to make special memories with them...rather than resent the extra work and responsibility I will be carrying. I wish I could say I always get it right (trust me, I don't!)...but I am learning.
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

allyson and i used to love to sleep with mom or dad when the other was out of town! we had to split the nights, but allyson always ended up in there! :)

Thank you SO MUCH for this sweet reminder...what an important encouragement...:)

Kelly Via said...

A good reminder for me! Thanks Jen!