A New Stage

By | 3:16 PM 3 comments
Ella is growing out of her afternoon nap.

I always thought I would dread this day.
This intrusion of "my" time.

Oddly enough, I am not really sad about it.

I usually insist on a "rest time" of about an hour where she plays quietly in her room. True to her independent nature she entertains herself amazingly well. She reads her library books, colors, plays with her barbies or doll house, or just rests on her bed.










Some days she falls asleep and sometimes not.

If she is not sleeping at that one hour mark I get her up and I am coming to love her company as she "helps" me water the plants or weed the garden or cook dinner or cut coupons or exercise (you really should see some of her pilates moves!) or do whatever else I am doing.













My little girl is growing up...

...and I am praying for the wisdom to embrace and enjoy each new stage she enters.
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Bobbie Grant said...

She is a mini-Jenn! Your feet even look exactly the same.

mommajeane said...

I agree Bobbie :)

Kelly Via said...

Sweet photos. Sounds like you are handling the transition very well :)

I'll hold on to that nap as long as I can :) (don't let Ella tell Cana about not taking a nap ;) )