Saving Money 101

By | 3:19 PM Leave a Comment
Question #3: What coupon/saving money resources do you use?

I build up my coupon stash by:

1) Newspaper Coupons
I don't subscribe to a Sunday paper because we have had issue after issue actually getting a paper to show up where we live and it is just easier for me to buy one every Sunday. I currently only get one paper. When I first started I would get 2 (or more). I have found that one is plenty for us right now. I clip all the coupons except for hair color, pet supplies, and laxatives =) Even if I don't normally buy certain items, I will still clip the coupon, because there is always the good chance that there will be a sale down the road where I can get the item for free or nearly free. I also am able to donate surplus items that I get for free.

2) Internet Coupons
Because of the high expense of ink I don't print every single internet coupon out there. Just the ones I know for sure I will use. You can find many many many internet coupon resources. Too many to list =) Generally you are allowed to print two of each internet coupon.

3) E-coupons
These are coupons that are directly linked to your stores shopper loyalty card (MVP card, VIC card, etc.) I don't have to clip them, I just go to the website and load them onto my card and they automatically come off my card when I but the item. The great thing about e-coupons is that they can be stacked with a newspaper or internet coupon! For example this week Kroger was running a deal on Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks for $1.49 a box:

I bought 2 boxes and used:
1 $.50/2 coupon (doubled to a dollar at Kroger)
1 $75/2 e-coupon
= $1.75 savings
= $.61 a box

Only certain grocery stores use e-coupons so check this list here to see if your favorite store does. Click here to read more about e-coupons.

I also use about 4 money saving websites on a regular (almost daily) basis. I let them do all the legwork and just copy their deal ideas! You can find my current favorites on the right sidebar of my blog.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: