VBS, day two

By | 3:15 PM 3 comments
I dropped Ezra off in the toddler class last night...

Only to pick him up in the two year old class.

His teachers said he did great. And he was bouncing off the walls happy when I picked him up.

I know he is only 3 months away from two...but still...

He is my baby.

I confess to having a harder time letting that go with him than I did with Ella. I confess that I would just pause him at this stage if I could.

Maybe that's a second child thing? Maybe that's a mother/son thing?

Regardless, I can't pause him.

So I (reluctantly) choose to grow with him and watch his excitement as his world unfolds.

p.s. Jeremiah buzzed his hair this morning. Talk about losing the baby look! Gasp! I'll post pictures later.
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Jenn, Just remember that no matter what, you will always be his momma. I speak to my momma every other day, and I will soon be 40!! Love all of you!!! Kurt

Bobbie Grant said...

I don't have a son, or a second child, yet, but I can empathize so much with not wanting to let go. Rea is the love of my life and each day that passes I wish I had that pause button! I continually pray that God will give me the attitude of gratitude at seeing her grow up and not wish for the past.
But, oh that new baby smell!!!

I am the mom said...

I with you--there's something about Adam that just seems like he's supposed to be my baby forever! And HE'S only 3 months away from hitting the 2-year-old room too! How did they get so big? Boo.