Saving Money 101

By | 3:00 PM Leave a Comment
A common coupon myth I used to believe:

I can buy the store brand for cheaper than the name brand - even with a coupon.

On its own, this statement is generally true. However, its the combining of a store sale with a coupon that I am able to get great deals on things.

Take for example my earlier Kroger Betty Crocker Fruit Snack deal:

Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks for $1.49 a box
I bought 2 boxes and used:
1 $.50/2 coupon (doubled to a dollar at Kroger)
1 $75/2 e-coupon
= $1.75 savings
= $.61 a box

The Kroger brand fruit snacks are regularly priced at 1.19 for only 6 packs. The Betty Crocker brand has 10 packs in it. Even though the BC snacks have a higher regular price of $2.79, by combining the sale price of $1.49 with 2 coupons I was able to get a much better deal than just buying the store brand alone.

If I absolutely need something that I can not find a sale on or do not have a coupon for or I do not have stockpiled I will (usually) buy the store brand. Some store brand stuff just doesn't cut it...even for this relatively non-particular mom =)
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: