Somehow we have gotten to the 20 month mark with Ezra.
Would someone like to tell me how this has happened?
I think Jeremiah summed it up best when he said that Ezra is just a "little ball of awesomeness" right now.
Here are some highlights of our little man:
- He still loves to eat. Fruit remains the mainstay of his diet, but he also enjoys his veggies, cereal, yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken nuggets, peanut butter, and pizza. We recently discovered that he loves ice cream cones...just the cone though =)
- He is still a great sleeper, going from 8pm to 8am on most days. He takes one afternoon nap usually lasting 3+ hours. He still shares a room with Ella and they do great together!
- His favorite things are "car-cars", trains, motorcycles, bikes, tractors, or anything with wheels. Of course, whatever Ella is playing with trumps anything else =)
- He loves to climb and has pretty much mastered stairs. He loves to run and is quickly becoming harder to catch! He loves to scream...when happy or sad or just because. He also loves to throw things on the floor and shout "oh no" with feigned dismay. He loves stickers and will actually sit still for a good while pulling them off and on, off and on, etc. He loves to help Jeremiah cut the grass and has learned to duck out of the way of tree branches =)
- He doesn't like having to sit still, getting his nose wiped or diaper changed, being told no, Daddy leaving, or being left out of anything Ella is doing.
- He continues to be such a little socialite...NEVER meeting a stranger and always trying to win over a new friend with a smile and flash of his dimples. He also continues to be extremely affectionate and easily gives kisses and hugs.
- We are really working hard on the basics of obedience with him...but he is proving much more stubborn than his sister. He just laughs at many of our attempts at discipline...but we just keep reminding ourselves that consistency is key =)
- He has made it a whole 2 months without an ear infection, praise the Lord! Maybe we are finally over that cycle! Now if only we could get a handle on his eczema.
- His vocabulary is picking up and he is adding new words almost daily. You wouldn't understand a single one of them though as all his words sound like he is saying them with a stopped up nose =) My favorite new word that he says now is amen. So cute. He insists on holding our hands when we say grace before meals and during our bedtime prayers.
I was watching him wrestle with Jeremiah this week and I was struck by how old he is looking now. He has completely lost his baby look to me and is truly a toddler. A big part of me admits to wanting to hold onto his baby-ness a little bit longer...but I wouldn't trade the fun of watching his personality develop and the world open up to him for anything.
He is an absolute joy...
and I love being his Momma
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
Jeremiah is on a jet plane at this very moment while I am up at my mom's for the week. Zoe told me yesterday as our family took off i...
An answer to the fervent prayers of all my children and especially my husband was received with great joy...as we enjoyed not just a snow ...
**I thought I'd start a new throwback feature on Thursdays, pulling from the archives. This one hails from way back in 2010 when I taugh...
I am sending Jeremiah off again to Haiti next week, and I am super excited about what he gets to do this trip! After living in Haiti wit...
the first snow of our winter is the first real snow of her life. it's such a beautiful thing to watch...
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (405)
- A Toothbrush Party
- No more waiting
- 28 hours...
- Florida 2009, random
- Quick turn around
- Florida 2009, day 4
- Florida 2009, day 3
- Florida 2009, day 2 cont'd
- Florida 2009, day 2
- Florida 2009, day 1
- Fellow Couponers
- To my Jeremiah on our 6th anniversary...
- 20 month update
- to do to do to do
- The picture of excitement
- Diaper Deal
- Looker 2.0
- It's the thought that counts
- Already here
- 6 years and counting...
- Daddy's haircutting skills
- Prayer Request: My Grandad
- Runny Huts His Own Cair
- From bliss to agony...
- Waffles and Spaghetti
- Simple Pleasures
- Anatomy of my perfect coffee cup
- 25 seems appropriate...
- Mothers and Daughters and Grandaughters
- X's 3
- Look closely...
- 3 year old truth
- Tent Dwellers
- A Mother's Gift
- Artsy Fartsy
- Ramblings of my day
- The Bumble Bee Conversation
- I should have known better...
- Question of the day
- How To Make A Baby
- Snow flurries in May?
- Compassion Weekend
- Energy Audit
- ▼ May (49)
- ► 2008 (345)