Ramblings of my day

By | 8:23 PM 3 comments
Why is it that my kids messes are directly proportional to my level of patience for the day?

Is it really the messes...or my lack of patience?

Does my lack of patience fuel the messes?

or

Do the messes fuel my lack of patience?

Oh my yes. One of those days.

Ezra was extremely fussy all morning so I put him down a little bit early for his nap. Not even an hour later he was up and wailing. I went to check on him. It is never a good thing when you open the door and you see a diaper on the floor.

No little boy wearing the diaper.
Just the diaper.
Oh dear.

I think I figured out what woke him up. Being COMPLETELY soaked by your own urine would wake you up too.

Counting my small blessings...no poop this time.

His beloved blankies were totatlly soaked too, so I knew the chances of getting him to go back to sleep again without them (and sleeping with them was out of the question) was slim to none.

Since we were entering the land of the nap-free afternoon I did what any good mom would do to kill some time...

I took them to wal-mart =)

In all fairness we were out of birdseed for our parakeet and they really do have the cheapest price. And the amusement the unending toy aisles provide my children is just an added bonus.

Furthermore, for those of you reading this from D-town, I went to the Roxboro Wal-Mart. Talk about unending amusement.

After running a few more errands (and accidentally filling up the car with super expensive supreme gas, dag gone it) I picked up some meals that make kids happy and officially regret the day I ever introduced my children to ketchup.

On a positive note...we ate dinner with Jeremiah at church because he had to work late. He had a dress rehearsal for tomorrow nights Generations event at Grey Stone.

I am so excited for this!
A family worship experience.

From baby hair to gray hair...everyone worshiping together.

I love the idea of this and everything I saw tonight hinted that tomorrows event is going to be incredible!

If you are in the Durham area and are interested in coming click here for the details.

You'll probably be hearing more about this later in the week!

Ok. It's quiet now. Kids are clean and asleep =)

Ella is sleeping in a tent in their room so I wasn't sure how quickly she would actually fall asleep. It just about broke Ezra's heart that I wouldn't let him sleep in the tent with her...but after today there was no chance of that happening!

And now I will end this rambling post with some confession time: I am drowning the stresses of the day with a gigantic concoction of double fudge brownie ice cream mixed with crumbled up Nilla wafers. So much for that 3 mile run this morning =)

Happy Tuesday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roxboro Walmart - you are brave! Sorry you had a rough day - I had the same type of day at school - full moon coming soon?

Kristen

Sorry for the long, hard day Jenn! I hope your "drowning" works tonight and that you sleep well. Praise the Lord for fresh new mornings.

It's been a long day here too. (maybe it's because I haven't talked to anyone over the age of 4 in 3 days!!!) Zeke was so "sensitive" today. He whimpered for Areyna the whole time she was at school and for some reason he still doesn't understand that his disobedience requires immediate consequences...sigh...we went to a new park and finally made it to our library=) Oh the places we go to occupy our time.

mommajeane said...

I ended my day with your ramblins.. sorry but they made me laugh... and so glad you had a bowl of ice cream to help at the end of the day... Love you and hope the next day is great!