Closure

By | 3:09 PM 1 comment
It was a lot of driving crammed into 24 hours...

but I am so grateful for the opportunity I had this weekend to see my Grandad.

A couple of the nurses told me while I was up there how nice it was of me to come all that way to see him. I told them they had it wrong...they didn't know what kind of an amazing Grandad he has been to me all 28 years of my life.

To say he is worth it is a big understatement.

Despite all the sadness that surrounds knowing that a very special chapter of my life is closing...the emotion that rises to the top is gratefulness.

Grateful for having him in my life for 28 years.

Grateful for having this chance to tell him what he has meant to me and the impact he made on my life.

and...

Grateful for the hand sqeeze he gave me before I left that communicated his love for me.
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Briana said...

i'm so glad you got to go. I know how much you love him and how much he loves you. Will be praying sweetie. love you.